Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Clarion Hotel, Cedar Rapids

So, today at work I was awarded with a special prize as part of my participation in the "Big Brothers, Big Sisters BOWL for Kid's Sake". The prize was a mini-weekend stay at the Clarion Hotel in Cedar Rapids. On the little gift certificate, I noticed the phrase:

"Cedar Rapids Largest Family Owned GREEN Hotel."

Dem's fightin' words, boy. A quick google search revealed this page on their website: http://www.clarioncr.com/green.htm. What a pleasant surprise! Not only are they doing the standard 'linens' stuff of reusing towels, but they also are using low VOC paints, bamboo flooring, hybrid cars for airport shuttles... and more!

I find it refreshing that they even went as far as putting recycling containers in the guest rooms, empowering us to help in our own little ways. Check it out, and next time you need to stay in CR, consider the Clarion FIRST. It truly is a nice place, and they are doing their part.

-- I

No comments: